As the product matures, new features and bugfixes are made available in the form of firmware updates. This page will be updated to include the latest Firmware version, the changes that were made in that version, and older releases for historical purposes.
Click here to view the Firmware upgrade instructions.
1.1.16 (Right Click > Save Link/Target As)
Light Module / Comfort Blinking
- Add Support for LME38, LCM and LCM_A modules
- Correct Diagnostics request for LSZ/LSZ2 modules
- Ask for LM I/O status less frequently
- Update defines to be region agnostic
- Push Photosensor data back to LM to prevent temporarily dimming 58G
- Improve LM Identification
- Break blinker states out of else if which can cause erratic behavior
- Activate comfort blinkers only after single blink/off cycle.
- Allow cancelling comfort blinkers via opposing blink.
- Deactivate comfort blinkers prior to activating opposing comfort blinkers to prevent the original switch input from becoming unresponsive.
- Filter concurrent non-blinker lamp events during comfort blinking to prevent artificially incrementing blinker count.
- Stop comfort blinkers via diagnostic activation, rather than diagnostic end.
- All LM variants now support diagnostic blinker deactivation.
- Add hyphen and ellipsis UTF-8 characters
- Additional Cyrillic characters added to mapping table
- Improve Extended ASCII character conversion
- Improve String Normalization / UTF-8 translitteration
- Improved Unicode byte handling
- Add transliteration of Cyrillic characters
- Add transliteration of common ASCII symbols
- Add caller ID support
- Add caller ID to Navigation Incoming Call screen
- Fix bug where volume changes outside of a call impacted the call volume offset
- Fix bug where call status was not correctly set all the time
- Improve MID UI by hijacking TEL MID Mode
- Add "Mode" button to BlueBus UI
- Add metadata off mode
- Prevent screen refresh every ten seconds by responding wit the Everest TCU signature to `0x02`
- Set maximum volume offset for calls to 12 steps
- Fix CD53 Device Selection
- Allow CD53 users to adjust in-call volume by not setting active call state
- Unify the CD53 text length into a define
- Add newer CD53 (E8x) support by listening to telephone events and responding to them
- Add Degrees symbol to coolant temperature
- Expand Device Name to 128 characters
- Header Length increased to 15 chars for `gtVersion > IBUS_GT_MKIII_NEW_UI`.
- Update BC127 definition verbiage
- Fix possible memory leak in BMBT device name handler
- Fix I2C implementation bug which prevented a dirty bus from being cleared
- Break out PCM51XX start up by shutting down the DAC, then starting it when required (to hopefully resolve issues with I-Bus noises)
- Improve VIN recognition logging
- Fix auto power-off code not working
- Report CD 7 for MID / CD53 UIs so that all 1-6 button presses result in a disc change event from the radio
1.1.15 (Right Click > Save Link/Target As)
- Complete rework of the lighting activation functionality. Lighting I/O status is now only requested when the dimmer state changes OR if we have gone more than 20 seconds without seeing the I/O status. This is different than before as I used to request I/O status every time the dimmer status was seen, but requesting the I/O status resulted in another dimmer status update (which caused an avalanche of messages). Further, code was added (kindly by another contributor to the project) to identify the particular LCM/LSZ variant and send the appropriate values in the bulb activation request
- A bug that caused the E46/Z4 IKE to dim out when using turn signals during the day has been resolved
- Cyrillic character transliteration has been added (by another contributor). This also includes the angled quotation marks that many iPhone's like to use (which should fix how your iPhone's name is displayed on screen).
- The DAC is now powered down at boot, then it is powered back on shortly after. This should hopefully clear the condition that causes the I-Bus impulses to be audible at every volume level.
- The I-Bus message queue is now capable of firing off more than one message at a time (which was a bug).
1.1.14 (Right Click > Save Link/Target As)
- Shutdown all unused I/O ports
- Ignore values for coolant temperature that are outside of usual ranges
- Resolve issue with radio overlay button in BMBT UI causing the UI to jump back to overlay mode even when on OBC / Nav
- Add support for extended ASCII characters, since most BMW UIs support this encoding
- Resolve issue with BlueBus keeping vehicles awake via TEL ON by shutting it down when the ignition is turned off
- Resolve issue with BlueBus waking other modules up by pulling the I-Bus low just prior to sleep